Environmental Test Engineer
Posted on 2/1/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline
- 2+ years of working experience in testing integrated systems
- Experience in environmental testing - thermal, thermal vacuum, or vibration discipline
- Experience developing and executing test plans and test procedures from requirements
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- Operate and setup environmental test equipment including thermal cycle and vacuum chambers, and vibration shaker tables
- Set up, operate, and conduct environmental testing including vibration, acoustics, thermal, thermal vacuum, RF
- Ensure test are are executed to test requirements
- Evaluate results and prepare and review test reports
- Maintain and troubleshoot on-site environmental test equipment and support equipment
- Provide direction for technicians as needed
- Hands-on experience using data acquisition systems
- Experience with space flight components and spacecraft environmental testing
- Experience with designing and building electrical harnesses and connectors
- Experience in operating cranes, man lifts, forklifts, and handling equipment
- Creative, passionate problem solver that thrives in fast-paced, autonomously-driven, and demanding design and integration campaigns
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus with extensive multitasking and organizational experience
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
Company Core Values
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.