UX Content Designer – Senior/ IC Lead
Relocate to Australia
Updated on 3/21/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA
- You're a senior strategic Content Designer who's got a proven track record of solving complex problems, ideally in the tech/SaaS industry. This means you have at least 5 years of content design or UX writing experience
- You've owned Content Design research before and can champion best practices for studies and experiments in the messaging space
- You have incredible UX writing skills and an impressive content design portfolio, and are a stickler for brand voice, consistency and style
- You know how to work independently, but you also love collaborating with people from different disciplines and sharing the power of content design
- You've got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details
- You're not afraid of complex problems - in fact, that's where you thrive
- You know how to get buy-in from key stakeholders. You've got a track record of bringing people on the journey with you - they know what's changing and why
- Building relationships within your product areas, and building your own understanding of how and why these different experiences exist
- Audit the different creation experiences (video, presentations, whiteboards, docs, websites etc) and earmark opportunities for scalable consistency
- Support the creation of an emerging product (Sheets) that needs a Content Designer's clarity magic-wand
- Overhaul the onboarding experience for video, presentations, whiteboarding and docs
- Create scalable consistency for AI experiences with a focus on trust and delight
- Continue building relationships with stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment with parallel initiatives that impact the core editing experience
Online design and publishing tool
Canva is on a mission to empower everyone in the world to design anything and publish anywhere.
- Competitive health benefits plans to support you and your wellbeing
- Equity packages truly be a part of the Canva journey
- 401(k) retirement plan with company contribution to support you, with your future Hybrid work model (in-office & from home) coming together for 8 days a year. The rest, you choose where you work best.
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from a Masterclass subscription to an electronic stand-up desk, a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
Company Core Values
- Make complex things simple
- Set crazy goals and make them happen
- Be a force for good
- Empower others
- Pursue excellence
- Be a good human