Posted on 4/3/2023
New York, NY, USA
- JD and NY bar membership or registration as an in-house attorney in NY
- 4-6 years of relevant experience; in-house experience is essential
- Experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts and directly counseling clients
- A practical, proactive, creative, and risk-based approach to counseling and negotiating
- The ability to translate legal issues into clear, “plain English” guidance for non-lawyers
- A highly collaborative work ethic, while also exercising autonomy as a subject matter expert
- Flexibility necessary to thrive at an ambitious, dynamic growth company, including strong business judgment and an ability to calibrate when we need a quick response versus a deep dive to get something precisely right
- An ability to interact effectively with your colleagues and clients, and to build strong relationships and influence across departments
- An ability to prioritize and manage multiple critical projects under tight deadlines
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial contracts covering a broad range of subject matter, with a particular focus on operations and logistics, SAAS vendors, and related agreements, and strategic partnerships
- Continue to build scalable and effective processes for the commercial legal function, including through the creation and maintenance of playbooks, contract templates and a form library, and self-help workflows
- Oversee the Legal team's vendor contract review process, policies, and related training
- Lead the Legal team's review and oversight of marketing and advertising initiatives across all channels, including seasonal marketing campaigns, promotions, partnerships, influencer/ambassador strategies, and related compliance measures
- Manage the Legal team's compliance programming, including tracking (and, in some cases, leading) annual training and policy review
- Assist in other areas on the Legal team when needed, including, for example, employment, fashion, corporate matters, and data privacy
- Familiarity with marketing regulations such as FTC, CAN-SPAM, and TCPA. Familiarity with subscriptions is a plus
Designer apparel and accessories rental
Rent the Runway's mission is to power women to feel their best every day.
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexible Work Policy: Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Company Core Values
- Great ideas can come from anywhere.
- Opportunity is yours for the taking.
- Risk and failure are encouraged.
- Embrace and trust the RTR Family.