Incident Management & Observability
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Canada • Remote in USA
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience writing/reading/debugging code in one or more languages, such as: Java, Python, Shell, Ruby
- 5+ years experience working with large-scale distributed systems and managing Linux-based systems in a cloud like AWS
- In depth experience with large scale observability and reporting systems (New Relic, Datadog, Elastic, Prometheus, etc)
- 3+ year(s) experience with solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, system virtualization, cloud monitoring and logging
- 3+ years experience with IaC and config management tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, Chef, Ansible, and similar
- Experience working as part of a team, using analytical, problem-solving skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and follow industry trends
- Ability to analyze and optimize high-traffic internet applications
- Build A High Performing Team - Communicate Directly, Be a Good Person
- Make Things Happen - Take Ownership, Think Long Term
- Deliver an Exceptional Experience - Users Come First, Quality & Craftsmanship
- Manage observability infrastructure
- Use tools such as Prometheus,Grafana, and NewRelic to create and maintain observability infrastructure and tooling, including creating alerts, production reporting, and writing documentation
- Serve as a member of “follow the sun” L1 support, working alone or with teammates to answer pages for all onboarded services and resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Respond to alerts in PagerDuty, drive incidents to their conclusion, and lead the effort to strengthen the system based on post-mortem action items
- Coordinate cross-team and cross-functional efforts with processes, documentation, and tooling to ensure operational excellence
The all-in-one family location sharing app featuring crash detection and 24/7 support.
- Core business hours for work-life balance
- No-meetings on Wednesday afternoons
- Home office stipend
- Remote-first work environment
- In-person collaboration opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) program with company match
- Think Long-Term: We make strategic decisions that pay off in the long run.
- Users Come First: An amazing end-to-end customer expererience is the key competitive differentiator that will make us win over time.
- Communicate Directly: We resist the urge to avoid discomfort and intentionally lean into tough conversations.
- Take Ownership: We focus on outcomes over output and look for high agency people that make things happen.
- Quality & Craftsmanship: We do things the right way and with an extreme focus on quality. Lives depend on it.
- Be a Good Person: Everyone at Life360 respects each other and maintains a high sense of integrity.