This position is based in Austin, TX, Mountain View, CA, or Seattle, WA. This is a hybrid role that requires a minimum of three days on-site per week.
Who we are
At Wayfair, we love to solve complex business problems with technology to serve our millions of customers, to sell and deliver a catalog of millions of products, and to continue growing at a rapid pace – a journey enabled by more than 3,000 Wayfair engineers. Wayfair is on a path to be the world’s largest online destination for the home, tapping into a TAM of $1200bln by 2030. Our marketplace offers over 30 million products from 23,000 suppliers and we served 24 million customers in 2021 alone.
We are looking for an experienced Talent Business Partner (Senior Manager, HRBP) to support the Marketing Technology, Data and Machine Learning Platforms organization. Our Tech Talent team is the strategic arm of Talent focused on identifying, developing and implementing projects and initiatives to staff, on-board, develop, motivate, assess, retain and organize our talent who ultimately enable our high growth business. We push our senior leaders to think strategically about their people and are accountable for building the organizational structures, leadership and future teams that will propel Wayfair’s success as a business. We weave together talent-related data to tell a cohesive story about the organizations we support and where we need to invest and arm our stakeholders with the data they need to make strategic decisions.
In the Talent Business Partner role, you will partner directly with the Director of this organization to shape their talent vision and advise on their talent strategy and critical business initiatives.
Who you are
- You are proactive and use excellent judgment when making tough decisions in complex, nuanced, and highly confidential situations
- You have a strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- Strategic with excellent communication skills, a passion for working across multiple leaders and their teams, synthesizing points of view and owning a coherent action plan
- Hypothesis driven, comfortable diving-deep and analyzing data with the ability to interpret, translate, and communicate findings in ways that motivate and empower leaders to take action
- Proven experience in coaching leaders in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment (e.g. high EQ)
- You are a bar raiser - you’re curious and passionate about the business context and growth
What you’ll do
- As a key member of our Tech Talent team, you will work directly with the Director to develop a people strategy to attract, retain and develop talent
- You’ll provide strategic business partnership and coaching to key business leaders on driving business through talent strategy, leadership team dynamics, talent development and conflict management
- You will work with central Talent and other key stakeholders to develop and implement scalable calibration, compensation and development processes your leaders/teams
- You will identify people-focused business objectives and prioritize core analyses (e.g. employee voice surveys, deep-dives, 1x1 interviews, etc.) and use them as inputs for action planning with your business leaders, driving data-driven decisions that have a significant, positive impact on efficiency, customer, and revenue/cost
- You’ll support optimizing organizational design to increase speed to value and reduce latency with opportunities to lead these efforts from the front with your leaders
- 7+ years of total experience and/or 2+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources or a direct business- facing support role
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related field
- Advanced skills/experience with Microsoft or Google Office Suite of tools - Excel and Sheets specifically
The salary range for this position is $149,500-172,500, however, base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
Need Technical Assistance?
If you are having any technical difficulty submitting your application, please reach out to our careers team at [email protected]
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]ayfair.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected]