San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 28%
1 year growth↑ 60%
2 year growth↑ 536%
- 3+ yrs of engineering experience
- Experience in full stack or frontend product development
- Excellent communication skills
- Build and improve tools for companies to find reduction opportunities and model future emissions
- Expand core platform to Measure, Report and Reduce non-carbon impacts
- Improve end-to-end performance of the app
- Experience with React, TypeScript, Material, GraphQL, Node.js, Python, Postgres, BigQuery, DuckDB
Watershed is a software platform for running a world-class climate program. We measure our success in the carbon reduction achievements of our customers. We are looking for team members who love product-building, want to work hard at a mission-oriented startup, and will collaborate with us in shaping the culture of a growing team.
We have offices in San Francisco, New York and London and remote team members across the US and Europe. We hope that you’ll be interested in joining us!
Watershed is growing its engineering team in London and looking for engineers to help lead the effort. You will join a small but rapidly growing team covering all the functional areas from go to market to product to help us find product market fit in Europe, define the engineering culture, and help set the product direction.
We are looking for a team member who is excited to ship great products, while keeping a healthy balance of velocity and engineering excellence. You will be joining as an early member of the team that will shape everything that comes next at Watershed.
Watershed’s technical stack is the web frontend that our customers use, together with a backend of climate data, climate models, and plug-ins to various financial systems. We build new products in a customer-first way so you’ll be working quite a bit in React, TypeScript, Material, GraphQL, Node.js, Python, Postgres, BigQuery, DuckDB, and more! There’s no need to be a prior expert in our stack — it’s more important that you’re good at picking up technologies quickly.
Some traits that are important to our company culture: customer-obsessed, self-motivated, inclusive, and optimistic. And we’re looking for owners, so we hope you’ll help us expand this list.
What you could work on:
- Build and improve the tools that help companies find reduction opportunities, model future emissions under different scenarios, and track against climate targets.
- Expand our core platform to Measure, Report and Reduce non-carbon impacts like water, waste and pollutants.
- Improve end-to-end performance of the app to quickly load a company’s entire carbon footprint and make slicing-and-dicing data fast in the browser.
We are looking for Engineers with 3+ yrs of engineering experience.
Here are some things we value but don’t expect all:
- Have 0-1 experience, whether that’s with a startup or starting a new team at an existing company
- Have a strong full stack or frontend product development background
- Have experience working across time zones leveraging excellent communication skills
This position will be in person in our London office.
Where does Watershed work?
We have hub offices in San Francisco, New York and London, and some remote team members in the US and EU. Most of our jobs need to be in San Francisco / New York / London, but certain jobs are open to being remote and will be specifically noted on the jobs page and in the job description.
What’s the interview process like?
It starts the same for every candidate: getting to know the team members through 1 to 2 conversations about Watershed, your experience, and your interests. Next steps can vary by role, but usual next steps are a skill or experience screen (e.g. a coding interview for an engineer, a portfolio review for a designer, deeper experience call for other roles) which leads to a virtual or in person interview panel after that if the screens go well. We prioritize transparency and lack of surprise throughout the process.