Machine Learning Researcher – New Grad
Updated on 11/30/2023
Secure, frictionless video communication and collaboration platform
Zoom is a leading company in the digital communication sector, offering a comprehensive platform that facilitates seamless video communications, team chats, webinars, and more, catering to a wide array of customers from various industries. The company's culture is rooted in its core value of 'Care', fostering a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages problem-solving, self-starting, and career growth. Zoom's commitment to technical innovation is evident in its continuous product development, such as the AI Companion, and its dedication to providing secure communication solutions.
San Jose, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 1%
1 year growth↑ 4%
2 year growth↑ 46%
Oakland, CA, USA
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
AI & Machine Learning
- Currently pursuing a Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields; or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields with 3 years of experience in speech recognition, speech processing, and/or natural language processing.
- Expectation is that the degree will be obtained by July 2024 or earlier.
- Developing and deploying state-of-the-art models for speech recognition
- Collaborating with cross-functional units to improve production speech recognition models
- Exploring novel technologies and publishing research findings in major conferences/journals
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields obtained by July 2024 or earlier
- Specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or audio signal processing
- Prior experience in developing large-scale speech recognition systems for real-world applications
- Strong ability to identify challenges in speech recognition and propose solutions or improvements to existing methods
- Strong programming skills in Python; familiarity with ML frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow; and experience with speech recognition toolkits and libraries such as Kaldi/k2, ESPnet, or TorchAudio
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills
- Solid understanding and scientific curiosity to learn state-of-the-art speech technologies