Sr. Information Security Analyst
Posted on 3/16/2022
Washington, DC, USA • West Athens, CA, USA
- 5+ years of professional experience in information security
- Experience with operating system internals for Linux, Windows, or macOS platforms
- Experience with network and host-based collection tools
- Understanding of classic and emerging threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures in both pre- and post-exploitation phases of attack lifecycles
- Deep understanding of Incident Response processes
- Experience using Elastic, Splunk and/or other SIEMs
- Experience scripting language(s) for the purposes of automating security operations and incident response processes
- Experience with reverse engineering, C2 exploitation, and broader system/network forensics
- Security community contributions (blog posts, conference talks, CTFs, tool development, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and cloud security
- SANS/GIAC, OSCP or similar certifications
- Technical degree
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Support SpaceX as our front line responder by identifying, triaging, and remediating security detections and anomalies
- Assess newly published vulnerabilities and attacker Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) to identify possible defensive measures to locate and stop threat actors
- Provide incident response support as a key stakeholder. Collaborate with SpaceX engineering teams to proactivity improve and secure systems from future attacks
- Operate and help mature playbooks to protect SpaceX people, missions, and assets
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.