Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 2/18/2022
Remote • Chicago, IL, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- BS or MS in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering is required
- You have programmed with modern frontend and backend languages
- Familiarity with API design, DevOps concepts, Github, Docker, AWS and cloud technologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks
- Experience working closely with SRE and QA teams to ensure that infrastructure and development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning and executions, including build towards a reliable CI/CD pipeline
- Passion to be a part of a team that succeeds as a unit. You crave mentorship from your peers as much as you desire to mentor your fellow engineers
- Be Inclusive, Always. We're committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we're ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission
- Be Humble. You don't have all the answers. Luckily, you don't have to. Don't worry about being right. Be humble instead
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It's how we innovate
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more - do whatever it takes
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation
- Contribute to both front-end and back-end development on our platform. Your tasks will require you to visualize and work with the entire platform and data assets
- Work within our multi-technology stack including Vue, Golang, C#, TypeScript, and MySQL to build services, APIs, and applications
- Adapt to new technologies and processes quickly, while working in a test-driven development environment. Your technological insight will always be valued in implementing improvements to our development processes
- Experience helping guide the creation of a high performing Vue development environment by identifying areas for improvement including best in class processes for Vue software development, identifying and filling in gaps in current Vue development processes
- Be able to collaborate across multiple engineering teams and have the flexibility to be part of any team that requires your expertise. We are organized around B2B, B2C, Data & Business Intelligence, Platform and Growth Engineering Teams with shared services of SRE and QA
- Embrace uncertainty, stretch beyond your comfort zone, suggest and make effective decisions
- You will be able to grow with us as we have clearly defined career paths and opportunities, whether you want to design systems, manage engineers, or put your head down and code
National tech and startups
Built In's mission is to reinvent how talented people find their professional purpose, companies tell their stories (in a way no job post ever could), communities connect, through shared passions and values.
- Pay For Performance - We conduct performance reviews biannually, where all employees are eligible for promotions and compensation adjustments. We have systems in place to regularly ensure that our compensation programs are equitable and competitive.
- Medical, Dental, Vision - Your health and wellness is our priority. Employees can choose from options that best fit their needs.
- 401(k) + Company Match - We want to invest in your future, too. We offer a safe-harbor matching plan that is 100% immediate vesting.
- Flexible PTO + 1 Quarterly Wellness Day - Our paid time off program is designed to empower you to take the time off you need. Oh... and we have half day Fridays all year.
- 11 Paid Holidays - In addition to holidays, we offer paid days off for your birthday, volunteerism and wellness.
- Continuing Education Reimbursement - $500 Annual Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Stock Options - We're in this together - all full time employees receive stock options as part of their compensation package
- Annual Wellness Reimbursement - $250 available for gym memberships, meditation/fitness apps, wearables, books, etc.
- Lunch Stipend - Monday through Thursday, lunch is on us (up to $10 per day)
- WFH Tech Stipend - $5 daily tech stipend to ensure you have the technology you need while remote.
- ½ Day Friday’s - Yes, it's real! All year round, employees can enjoy starting their weekend at 12:30pm each Friday!
Company Core Values
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Lead With Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do.Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Own The Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it and get back to business.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right, be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a full-blown breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.