Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2003, Plenty of Fish is one of the early pioneers in the online dating industry, with one of the largest and most diverse communities of singles. We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge and Match.com).
We love what we do, and have the ability to profoundly impact millions of people’s lives every single day! Named one of BC’s Top Employers, Plenty of Fish is a great place to build friendships, grow your career and collaborate with top talent.
The Director of Product Analytics & Insights will be a key leader at POF and will be responsible for leading analysis and delivering insights on their own and through their team of product / data analysts to other leaders and the Executive team.
As the expert on Data & Product Analysis, you will be responsible for setting and delivering the highest standard of analysis and insights across our entire organization while developing your team of data & product analysts to do the same.
Please Note: This role is Office-First.
Office-First: You will get to work from our downtown Vancouver office 2-3 days a week, and work remotely the remainder of the week!
So, what will you do?
- Evaluate and monitor the health of our product and member ecosystem on a daily basis
- Explore & understand our members’ behaviours at a deep level to inform strategic and tactical decisions
- Validate the impact of our product initiatives and changes on our members
- Be the go to analyst for the POF Executive team
- Lead and develop a team of data / product analysts
You’ll be a match for this role if you have..
- 5+ years of hands on experience leading exploratory analysis and driving insights for a social and/or marketplace product autonomously
- 5+ years working directly with and communicating to members of the executive team
- 2+ years directly managing or mentoring other analysts
- Strong business acumen with a deep understanding of freemium monetization and business models
- Ability to effectively collaborate and influence teams and functions
- Ability to drive hypotheses and action in a highly volatile and ambiguous environment
**We would love to hear from you, even if you don’t match 100% of the requirements**
Why Plenty of Fish?
• We have remote options available
• Generous vacation, flex days, professional development days
• RRSP matching, and employee stock purchase plan
• Professional development budget and unlimited access to Udemy from the day one
• Match Group mentorship program
• Parental leave top up and fertility preservation benefits
• Extended health & dental benefits from day one
• Corporate ClassPass membership and other wellness benefits
• Be Proud - It’s OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
• Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples’ lives, every day.
• Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
• Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Want To Dive Deeper?
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.