Fraud Prevention Analyst
Posted on 3/4/2023
Brooklinen was built to deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price.
New York, NY, USA • Brooklyn, NY, USA
- 3+ years of fraud prevention experience
- Highly proficient in Excel and data mining
- A self starter who is excited by the unknown, enjoys working autonomously, and is interested in making decisions
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture
- We work hard but are well-rounded and well-rested. Hanging with coworkers is encouraged. So is taking a vacation, getting a great night's sleep (our day starts at 10 am), and getting out of here at a reasonable time (we have year-long summer Fridays that end at 3 pm)
- Care about growth? So do we. We're growing, so we've got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first
- Hybrid work - our HQ team has 2 days in and 3 days remote schedule
- And don't just take our word for it! We're honored to be recognized by various industry tastemakers for the work we've put into our culture and employee engagement, including accolades from LinkedIn Top Startups (in 2020 and 2021!), Inc.'s Best Workplaces and Forbes Best Startup Employers in America
- Review and update fraud systems to catch attempted or current fraudulent transactions
- Monitor accounts for referral abuse, promo abuse, and abnormal transactional behavior
- Respond to chargebacks and disputes
- Communicate with our customer experience team to make decisions regarding potential fraud
- Collaborate with other departments on projects to analyze potential risks and establish internal processes
- Help identify future potential fraud impacts as we expand into other markets
- Report trends and findings to leadership regarding fraud number, including risk mitigation success, and highlight areas of opportunity to address risky behavior
- Search for abnormalities within data and identify potential fraudulent orders
- Experience with fraud detection tools is a must; Riskified, Forter, or Kount experience is a plus!
- Shopify experience is a plus!
- SQL experience is a plus!
- Experience interacting with the NCFTA is a plus!
- Experience building a program from scratch is a plus!