West Menlo Park, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 3%
2 year growth↓ -21%
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience building infrastructure and large scale distributed systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Build and maintain a secure, reliable and scalable compute platform that runs all of Robinhood's workloads
- Design large scale systems within the team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the infrastructure and systems
- Identify, debug, root cause and solve problems that are unique to a large-scale compute platform
- Contribute to open source projects
- Experience with Kubernetes or relevant cloud technologies
- Open source contributions within Kubernetes
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The mission of the Software Platform organization, of which Container Orchestration is a part, is to accelerate developer velocity and increase system reliability by building the foundational software platforms and tools that power the rest of Robinhood engineering.
The Container Orchestration team at Robinhood is solely responsible for building a highly available, horizontally scalable, secure, best in the industry (for Robinhood scale) offering of Kubernetes-powered container provisioning APIs that seamlessly integrate with the rest of infrastructure and platform offerings from other teams. This team’s primary focus is to proactively ensure scalability, reliability and availability of our Kubernetes distribution. This includes the deployment topology and configuration of the OSS components we build upon and all the extensions we build.
Container Orchestration is responsible for defining and implementing a cell based, multi-region architecture for Robinhood’s platform and infrastructure services. This helps the platform services scale without adding additional complexity to our application developers. APIs and systems managed by this team are also responsible for transparent platform integrations (sidecars, daemonsets) that offer core capabilities (Auth, Security, DNS, Load Balancing, Storage) offered to the tenants (applications) making this an area of huge importance to the overall safety and reliability of Robinhood and its value to be a safety-first company.
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain a secure, reliable and scalable compute platform that runs all of Robinhood’s workloads.
- Design large scale systems within the team, making the right tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the infrastructure and systems.
- Identify, debug, root cause and solve problems that are unique to a large-scale compute platform.
- Contribute to open source projects.
What you bring
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- You have experience building infrastructure and large scale distributed systems.
- You are able to solve complex engineering problems that deliver results which help the team to achieve its objectives.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Kubernetes or relevant cloud technologies.
- Open source contributions within Kubernetes.
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.