Sr. Sourcing Specialist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Advanced degree; or bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience working in one or more of the following; or 6+ years of experience working in one or more of the following
- Contract negotiation
- Material or production planning
- Operations or supply chain management
- Material cost control
- Master production scheduling
- 2+ years of experience working in procurement, operations, or buying function supporting manufacturing entities
- Understanding of the manufacturing process
- Capable of work hand in hand with engineering, production and vendors to design and implement the sourcing strategy to bring the equipment in house
- Knowledge of active, passive, and electro-mechanical components
- Experience in product development (EVT), new product introduction (NPI) and mass production (MP)
- Ability to hold supplier accountable to commitments made
- Ability to mine data from our in-house ERP using Excel, SQL and Power BI to enable decision making
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to communicate outside of work hours and across multiple time zones
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Create sourcing strategies to reduce risk, enable continuous cost reduction and align with company strategy on payment terms, cash targets, on time delivery and cost savings
- Build genuine relationships both internally and externally and drive cross-functional teams to achieve consensus regarding the opportunities
- Source and onboard new suppliers to serve dynamic program with rapidly evolving business needs
- Work with supply base to ensure support from vendors regarding setup, installation, repairs and maintenance
- Utilize negotiations to maximize value, cost savings and priority in terms of delivery for SpaceX while lowering risk
- Execute purchase orders and manage escalation process for purchase to pay issues
- Work directly with key internal stakeholders to develop and implement sourcing and cost management strategies that support capital purchases and production consumables
- Understand the technical aspects of equipment/stations in our factories to identify opportunities for cost/space/process optimization and use data analytics to identify and parse process related opportunities
- Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories
- Communicate overall equipment status to the management team including schedules, risks and mitigation actions and respond quickly to changes to the overall goals, schedule, and/or architecture
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.