What’s so interesting about this role?
Our Senior Cyber Security Engineer will be primarily responsible for many aspects of keeping Grindr’s information assets secure and well-managed. Primarily focused on securing our cloud infrastructure but additionally focused on ensuring our software development life cycle is properly implementing security in each step. Collaborating with team members both inside and outside of the security team will be critical to the success of this role.
What’s the job?
- Implementing security best practices into our cloud infrastructure and software development life cycle
- Administration of our security incident and event management platform
- Security operations and incident management
- Vulnerability management and threat protection
- Security awareness training and education
- Collaborate with external teams to help build a culture of security
- Working with teams to build disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Implementing controls to align the company’s security program to industry leading frameworks
- Threat surface assessments
- Threat modeling / Threat Hunting ( Product Security Focus )
- Security Development mindset
What we’ll love about you
- 5+ years of experience within any information security domain, preferably security operations and/or engineering
- Strong understanding of cloud platforms, AWS preferred
- Experience with container platforms and orchestration like Kubernetes and familiarity with securing these types of environments, EKS preferred
- Deep knowledge of modern deployment pipelines and experience with implementing security controls into the SDLC. Github and Terraform preferred
- Contribute to the development of security standards and policies
- Experience with vulnerability management tools and other scanning tools
- Working knowledge of offensive security tools like metasploit and Kali Linux
- Experience in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience leading employees through security training and awareness
We’ll really swoon if you have
- CISSP or other equivalent certification or qualification
- Experience working in fast paced, highly transactional, online environments
Base salary is an important part of the overall compensation package, but there is so much to love about Grindr
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The base pay range for this role is between min $135,000 and max $190,000. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal-opportunity employer