Quantitative Analyst, Ardius
Posted on 5/31/2022
- Good grasp of accounting principles including taxation and entity structures
- Detail oriented
- Well organized note-taking skill to capture the accurate info during the meeting and provide appropriate documentation to internal and external parties
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or similar
- Proficient with Google Sheets or Excel including data formatting, pivot table, vlookup and various formulas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work with teams to conduct research and development tax credit consulting services, including participating client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research, and developing business and industry expertise
- Actively participate in credit discussions and meetings and interviewing individuals at various levels of an organization in order to identify R&D qualified activities and expenses
- Analyze and calculate R&D credit with a strong sense of attention to detail based on the regulations from the IRS, research credit case law, and utilizing R&D databases
- Assist in implementing multiple projects simultaneously
- Assist on federal tax compliance projects and work with tax return preparation process
- Assist with drafting project qualification report, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS ruling requests and writing other technical memoranda
- Create a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, engineering, or related field from an accredited college/university
- 0 to 1 year of tax experience in a public accounting firm or corporate taxation experience
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
Company Core Values
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.