Software Engineer, Intern (Us, Fall 2022)
Posted on 6/27/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Currently pursuing a B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Support the engineering team with software development; design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
- Measure our work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- Setup monitoring and testing of our APIs and services to better understand real time health of our products
- Code software using Scala and Java
- Work in a cross functional team of engineers, PMs, designers, and UX researchers
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, school projects or coding competitions
- Self-motivated, smart, hands-on, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Expected to complete degree by December 2023 or earlier
Online education company
Coursera’s mission is to provide quality learning experience to anyone, anywhere. The company is building a global online learning platform that offers on-demand online courses and degrees.
- Lifelong learning - Coursera covers the cost of tuition so you can earn a free master’s degree and develop new skills. That’s on top of free, lifelong access to courses and certificates on the platform.
- Health and wellness - We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents. Plus, free access to counseling and mental health services.
- Parental leave - Get up to 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave when you grow your family and bring a new child into your life.
- Make-a-thon - We host Make-a-thon events twice a year to promote community and innovation. During Make-a-thon, you’ll dedicate time to attend workshops, work on passion projects, and pursue ideas outside of your day-to-day work.
- Time away - Take paid time off when you need it. We have time off policies that promote flexibility so you can tailor your work schedule when life calls.
- Remote work - Our flexibility extends to where you work. You can choose to work from home, work from one of our offices, or try a combination of the two.
- Equity - Employees earn company stock, so you can own what we build together and share in our success.