Data Scientist - Insights
Posted on 7/30/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a combination of business/analytics roles (e.g. data science/analytics, management consulting, or business operations)
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- Strong business intuition and judgement
- Expert level data storytelling and data visualization ability
- Expert SQL ability and proficiency with 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Chartio, or Tableau)
- Serve as experts of our overall business trends when working with data scientists within the broader team
- Identify, scope, and execute on data-driven analyses to help guide executive level business decisions
- Present and discuss business trends to a broad audience of stakeholders and data peers
- Act as data evangelists to create a data-driven culture across the company
- Collaborating with stakeholders to inform business direction
- Proactively influencing company-wide prioritization through data-driven insights
- Defining metrics and building dashboards to track product and business health
- Continuously improving the quality and accessibility of dataUsing the right tool (a scripted model, a dashboard, a presentation) for each analysis
- Providing technical mentorship to others
- Designing and analyzing standard experiments and conduct ad hoc analyses
Online course provider
Udemy’s mission is to create new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. They are building a shared knowledge repository to help people learn.
- Global benefits - Our many benefits, equity, and time-off programs are made-to-fit for each of our international locations.
- Charitable matching - Help a cause that matters to you. We match monetary contributions up to a certain annual limit for eligible nonprofits and charities.
- Learning incentives - Get free access to Udemy and Udemy Business courses plus a yearly stipend to spend on your professional development.
- UBelong program - We prioritize Diversity and Inclusion through events, trainings, and meet-ups facilitated by our many Employee Resource Groups.
- Learning programs - Our amazing Learning and Development team regularly provides top-notch training sessions and company-wide learning initiatives.
- Guest speakers - We believe in diversity of perspective and regularly host speakers from a variety of industries and backgrounds.
- Brain food - When in the office employees can enjoy snacks for all dietary preferences and restrictions.
- Company events - Enjoy company celebrations, wellness events, and fun extracurriculars like yoga, cooking classes, karaoke, and more.
- Well-being memberships - Stay zen with free access to the entire Headspace library. Plus, get free coaching and therapy sessions through Modern Health.
- Groups and clubs - Connect with others who share your interests. We have dozens of groups, including Women at Udemy and Culture Crew.
Company Core Values
- Mission Inspired, Results Obsessed
- Always Learning
- Individually Humble, Collectively Proud
- Earnestly Authentic