Los Angeles, California
6 month growth↑ 16%
1 year growth↑ 39%
2 year growth↑ 55%
- Admitted attorney
- Experience handling complex criminal cases at the federal, state, and local level
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Advising clients on their legal rights and drawing up legal documents
- Attending pretrial hearings and advising clients on best strategies
- Managing court appearances, trials, drafting motions, and performing legal research
- Analyzing probable outcomes of cases using legal precedents
- Managing workload of cases
- Providing legal analysis for clients and accruing additional evidence to support cases
- Preparing clients for depositions and gathering information from witnesses and experts
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
We’re looking for an admitted attorney, for an extremely promising Associate Criminal Defense Attorney position within a premier law firm with lots of room for growth. This is an opportunity for a dedicated Associate Attorney to gain valuable experience and further their career with a established firm in the San Jose area. As the Associate Criminal Defense Attorney, you will report to the Managing Criminal Defense Attorney. The Associate Attorney will manage their caseload, as well as client interaction, and can collaborate with our wonderful Criminal Defense Team of Attorney’s and legal assistants.
- Advise client on their legal rights in matters and draw up legal documents about their case
- Attend pretrial hearings on behalf of clients and advise clients following each hearing about best strategies
- Manage court appearance, trail, drafting motions, interviewing witnesses and performing legal research
- Analyze probable outcomes of cases using knowledge of legal precedents
- Manage workload of cases
- Provide legal analysis for clients to determine any possible case benefits
- Accrue additional evidence to support clients case or for arguments against the prosecutions charges
- Prepare clients for depositions; determine essential goals of case strategy and gather information from witnesses and important experts that support client’s positions
- Experience handling complex criminal cases at the federal, state and local level
- A team player who is open to helping, strategizing, and working with your fellow associates
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Interpersonal skills of the highest caliber
Pay Range: $90,000-$125,000 annual salary
Pay range may be exceeded based on experience on a case-by-case basis.
Do you have a passion for Criminal Defense and a desire to practice within an organization with lots of room for growth? Here at the Matian Firm, we offer that, benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance), an excellent compensation package, paid parking, paid time off, and more! Come work as an Criminal Defense Attorney at a growing firm with opportunities to advance and learn alongside a team of professionals within the legal industry. Apply now!
The Matian Firm, APC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.