Senior Software Engineer - Java
Posted on 4/16/2022
Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Design and develop API based applications using Java, utilizing spring framework
- Design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
- Develop TDD/BDD unit-tests and oversee execution
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams on software development or support issues
- Engage with Quality Assurance team members on defect triage and resolution
- Lead development and oversee programming testing functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered while fulfilling expectations
- Work as part of a development team and establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, management and peers in engineering
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Prepare design documents; evaluate and recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define and implement solutions
- Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives
- Lead by example; demonstrating accountability, mentoring junior team members, and by contributing to departmental procedures, best practices, and standards
- 3-5 years of work experience or 2-5 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Familiarity with Linux operating system administration
- Some experience designing and developing Java and J2EE applications
- Knowledgeable of common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Spring etc
- Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines
- Ability to develop test cases for the code written or based on requirements
- Service excellence and innovation; create opportunities; consistently think and act 'ahead of the curve
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough
- Working knowledge NoSQL DB considered a plus
- Ability to think analytically and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Some experience in creating unit testing using JUnit
- Working knowledge of test driven development considered a plus
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.