Embedded Hardware Engineer
Posted on 3/17/2022
Everett, MA, USA
- Have experience developing bare-metal firmware on ARM Cortex or equivalent microcontrollers in C
- Have experience with developing for embedded Linux systems (Yocto or equivalent) in areas such as kernel device drivers, networking, and/or low-level hardware interfacing
- Have a solid understanding of electronics fundamentals and hardware debugging
- Can share examples of engineering projects (work or personal) that you have been responsible for from start to finish and have shipped in quantity greater than one
- Design and develop embedded systems and embedded firmware, including research/specification, prototyping, validation, and production release
- Work across teams and disciplines to develop detailed engineering requirements starting from high-level product goals
- Solve problems across technical domains and across the product development lifecycle, from early-stage research to field failures of products in mass production
- Grow into taking responsibility for larger and more complex systems over time
- Experience with feedback control systems
- Experience with PCB design and electronics prototyping
- Experience with analog or power electronics
Advanced 3D printing systems
Formlabs is reinventing 3D printing by expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
- Autonomy: We leave space for people to do their best, and take initiative to chart their own career course.
- Cutting Edge: We’re building things that haven’t been built before, so we can push the edge of what’s possible.
- Results: We dream big, but our focus on getting things done is what drives us forward.
- Curiosity: We are always asking why to push ideas and actions beyond the status quo.