Director of Equity Administration
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Progressive experience leading equity administration at some combination of public companies or late-stage startups, with exposure to complex equity instruments
- Experience with global equity plans and managing an equity administration system
- A deep understanding of ASC 718 and the related financial reporting requirements
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to land complex concepts across multiple audiences
- Best-in-class attention to detail and unwavering commitment to accuracy
- Mastery of equity-adjacent software tools (Carta, Excel)
- Oversee the administration of employee equity, including the issuance, vesting, and tracking of profit participation units
- Work cross-functionally with legal and HR to develop and deploy new equity programs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant regulations and ensure ongoing compliance with tax and securities laws
- Work with the VP Finance to meet all ASC 718 requirements, including monthly journal entries and annual financial reporting & disclosures
- Provide regular training and education to equity holders and respond timely to employee questions
- Manage the company's cap table and employee-facing equity administration software
- Work with broader OpenAI Finance to analyze equity activity and progress against long-term plans
- You're an enthusiastic self-starter. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and expect to fully own your vertical. You take ownership of your work and believe that a job not done well is a job not done
- You're a phenomenal teammate. You're a strong communicator who can explain complex topics with ease, in any format. You intuitively understand the importance of keeping everyone in the loop, and you take proactive measures to do so. You're intellectually honest
- You're a builder. You not only embrace the opportunity to have a direct impact on how a company operates, you revel in it. An organization relies on the quality of its foundation and your passion is building strong systems and processes from the ground up
- You're excited about new challenges. You don't have the answers to every question up front, but the process of solving them invigorates you. Novel issues requiring multidimensional knowledge excite you
- You're passionate about technology and artificial intelligence
AI research and deployment company
OpenAI's mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity. OpenAI's mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence (AGI)—by which they mean highly autonomous systems that outperform humans at most economically valuable work—benefits all of humanity.
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account for healthcare and dependent care
- Mental healthcare service
- Fertility treatment coverage
- 401(k) with generous matching
- 20-week paid parental leave
- Life insurance (complimentary)
- AD&D insurance (complimentary)
- Short-term/long-term disability insurance (complimentary)
- Optional buy-up life insurance
- Flexible work hours and unlimited paid time off (we encourage 4+ weeks per year)
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Regular team happy hours and outings
- Daily catered lunch and dinner
- Travel to domestic conferences
Company Core Values
- Audacious - We make big bets and are unafraid to go against established norms.
- Thoughtful - We thoroughly consider the consequences of our work and welcome heterogeneity of thought.
- Unpretentious - We’re undeterred by the “boring work“ and not motivated to prove we have the best ideas.
- Pragmatic & Impact-Driven - We’re a company of builders who care deeply about real-world implications and applications.
- Collaborative - Many of our biggest advances grow out of work done across multiple teams.
- Growth-oriented - We believe in the power of feedback and encourage a mindset of continuous learning and growth.