We’re here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We’re creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we’re always looking for exceptional people to push us further.
With us, you’ll do work that’s as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we’ll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
Since March 2020, our Zoomers have worked remotely and reported an overall better work-life balance with more time for family and personal wellness.
At the end of 2021, LegalZoom made the official commitment to being a remote-first company. Remote-first means that there is no expectation that Zoomers come into an office for a fixed number of days outside of those employees identified as essential onsite workers. While we remain a remote-first culture, our local offices have evolved as collaboration spaces for Zoomers to meet and engage in person.
This position will be (remote).
LegalZoom is looking for talented, passionate, and driven engineers to join the Product Experiences team and help support our mission of ’Democratizing Law’.
LegalZoom has helped millions of customers become business owners by enabling them to #makeitofficial with business formation solutions such as an LLC or Corporation. These SMBs look to LegalZoom when taking the next steps on their journey of running a business, such as getting the right business licenses, opening a business checking account or creating a new company website – this is where our secure, trusted partner ecosystem intersects with the LZ customer experience, enabling LZ to deliver those customer needs via Strategic Partners.
The Engineering team for Product Experiences at LegalZoom builds user interfaces, applications, and tools for our customers. We are looking to add Front-End Engineers to our team to continue to improve our experiment analysis workflow and tools.
- Build applications that power how creators around the world work with talent and vendors to bring productions to life.
- Design and improve our platform and components to help engineering teams across LegalZoom build amazing applications.
- Join a dream team of amazing engineers to drive innovation within the organization to champion product excellence.
- Passion for building high-impact, well-performing user experiences across different form-factors/devices
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and care deeply about clean and well tested code.
- Creative and actively curious, with a strong motivation to learn and develop new skills.
- Experienced in writing cross-browser compatible responsive CSS/SCSS
- Independent, proactive, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance, but also know when to ask for help
- Great communication and collaboration skills working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, accessible, and responsive code, as shown by an active GitHub portfolio, side projects, etc.
LegalZoom is a remote-first company and the national range for this role is ($144k - $180k). Actual compensation offered will depend on several factors including but not limited to: geographic location, work experience, education, skill level, and/or other business and organizational needs. In addition, an annual bonus, incentive bonus and/or restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package. You will also receive a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits as seen below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Plus other wellness benefits to include:
- Mental Health
- One Medical
- Wellness reimbursement of up to $250
For onsite roles or roles that require periodic onsite visits, LegalZoom requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before starting work, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. LegalZoom will require proof of vaccination before a successful applicant’s first day of work, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not LegalZoom undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.