Sr. Content Program Manager
Posted on 6/3/2022
- 3+ years of Program Management or equivalent experience, bonus if some of that was in a technology or education-based organization
- Direct people management experience
- Proficient in program/project management tools (e.g. Gantt charts, spreadsheets, JIRA, Confluence, presentations, etc.); comfortable collaborating in an online/cloud-based environment (e.g. Google Apps, Slack, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing programs and solving problems
- Ability to partner with and communicate at appropriate level of detail to multiple levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Student, teacher, and expert advisory boards, which will regularly review our content and provide feedback to our content team to ensure our content is relevant and high-quality
- Internship programs that give students meaningful opportunities to contribute to content creation - from research to production to quality assurance - while still in school
- Synchronous online events that give students around the world direct access to Khan Academy faculty, e.g., pre-finals study events where students ask questions about course material and KA faculty answer them
- You have a proven track record of independently driving complex projects end-to-end
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- You're a master of process; you can organize roles and responsibilities on a team and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- You like to get things done and are willing to take on whichever tasks are needed to ensure success. You're relentless; once you take on a problem, you let no barriers prevent you from solving it
- You have experience working in startups or in similarly fast-paced environments
- You have exceptional relationship management and influencing skills, including with partners, volunteers, or others you don't directly manage
- You're kind, collaborative, and a team player; people love working with you
- You have experience working with middle school, high school, and/or college students (nice to have)
- You're invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent and 5+ years of work experience
Khan Academy's mission is to provide a free, world‑class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Competitive salaries
- Health and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off
- 401(k) + matching
- Affinity groups
- Paid parental leave
- Fun virtual events
- Live and breathe learners - We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
- Take a stand - As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
- Embrace diverse perspectives - We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
- Work responsibly and sustainably - We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
- Deliver wow - We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things - each of which aligns to our ambitious vision - so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
- Cultivate learning mindset - We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don't let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
- Bring out the joy - We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.