C++ Software Engineer
Updated on 11/30/2023
Advanced trading & asset management solutions
Wolverine Trading’s mission is to provide innovative solutions, achievement, and integrity that best serves the interests of their clients and colleagues. The company is recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets.
Data & Analytics
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 7%
2 year growth↑ 10%
Chicago, IL, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 2+ years of professional C++ programming experience, particularly in low-latency environments.
- Proficiency in writing clean, high-performance, low-latency C/C++ code using contemporary software engineering practices, grounded in robust knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Expertise in STL and Boost libraries, multi-threaded programming, and optimization techniques.
- A collaborative mindset, actively engaging in code reviews and embracing opportunities to learn from fellow team members.
- Dedication to testing and measuring actionable changes within an evolving process.
- Strong communication skills adaptable to various technical backgrounds.
- Ownership mentality, driving ideas from inception to real-time application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Engage in full life cycle development and deployment of C++ applications and libraries, spanning exchange gateways, trading strategy execution, risk management, and trade reporting.
- Create systems to continuously enhance performance, ensuring the integrity and reliability of existing applications.
- Employ modern profiling techniques for real-time investigation and resolution of production system issues.
- Construct and analyze experiments to enhance technical performance and uncover new trading opportunities, maintaining result validity and reproducibility.
- Collaborate closely with our quant team, sharing insights and leveraging data to optimize technical performance and identify new trading prospects.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- Experience in ultra-low latency trading systems.
- Knowledge of finance and trading strategies.