Principal RF Engineer I
Updated on 11/30/2023
Engineers and manufactures space communication systems.
CesiumAstro stands out as a leading company in the aerospace industry, offering tailored, mission-ready solutions for both commercial and defense applications. Their competitive advantage lies in their full-stack modular product line, which allows for customization based on specific payload requirements. With a diverse global operation that includes hardware and software engineering, manufacturing, mission systems, and wireless communications engineering, the company fosters a culture of technical excellence and industry leadership.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 10%
1 year growth↑ 27%
2 year growth↑ 66%
Austin, TX, USA
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Design
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) from an accredited university or institution.
- 9 years of industry or university research experience in design and analysis of RF electronics and systems.
- Expert-level proficiency in professional simulation tools such as CST and ADS, as well as EDA tools such as Altium.
- Extensive hands-on experience with lab instruments such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and oscilloscopes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for RF circuits, modules, and systems through all phases of the development process.
- Proficient in board-level schematic design and PCB layout of RF circuits.
- Knowledge of system-level communications concepts such as link budgets and modulation schemes.
- End-to-end RF product development.
- Work on phased array communication systems, including RF front ends, frequency converters and synthesizers, filters, beamformers, power dividers, and phased array antennas.
- Responsible for RF system and hardware designs from initial concept through requirements definition, architecture definition, part selection, detailed design, analysis, manufacturing, testing, qualification, and in-orbit support of Cesium's products.
- Present engineering design review materials to customers and executive team.
- Participate in proposal-writing efforts.
- Serve as technical and professional mentors in their field.
- May be given the opportunity to lead company programs.
- Python or other programming languages.
- Aerospace electronics design, development, and qualification.
- Worst-case circuit analysis, failure method and criticality analyses, and reliability analysis.
- Antenna design.
- EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.