Sr. Staff Engineer
Storage Soc Design
Posted on 10/3/2022
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- BS with 15 years, MS with 13 years or PhD with 10 years in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with SoC design and architecture experience
- Extensive experience with ARM microprocessor, interconnect, memory, storage SoC systems architecture
- Demonstrated record of architecting, designing and delivering complex and high-performance hardware SoC systems and high density storage using flash
- Exposure and understanding of storage workloads and benchmark performance
- Experience in NVMe and multitenancy controller architecture. Solid experience in PCIe and NVMe interfacing and understanding of I/O protocols
- Experience analyzing storage workloads
- Storage interfaces and protocols: PCIe, NVMe, and Evolving standards like ZNS, ZRWA, Open Channel, and other similar protocols
- Network interfaces and protocols: Ethernet, RoCE v1/v2, and Infiniband
- Flash technology: Toggle, ONFI, FTL
- Familiarity with all aspects of chip architecture and development: requirements, architecture specifications, high level design/model, microarchitecture design, firmware, and System
- Demonstrated hands-on experience writing detailed chip architecture specifications and implementation details
- Provide architectural guidance throughout the design process beyond architecture model to microarchitecture and implementation
- A strong knowledge through academic coursework or experience in NAND memory systems, as well as other memory types
- Platform level architectures and performance. Strong exposure to performance analysis and design tradeoffs. Strong working knowledge of architecture tradeoff analysis and modeling tools, commercial and in-house. Exposure to SW development practices
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.