Game Narrative Designer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Los Angeles, CA, USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA
- 5-8+ years of experience in game/ literature localization
- Strong communication and narrative skills, both in verbal and written English
- Experience in cross-team cooperation and supplier capability assessment
- Lead and deliver localization (English) results on projects involving cross-functional teams based on game-established cadence
- Work closely with game developers, publishing team and localization project managers to understand requests, manage multiple tasks and cooperate with internal and external linguists, and oversee their execution to ensure high localization quality
- Translate, review, proofread, evaluate and test game-related content in your language according to existing quality standards
- Evaluate, analyze, and resolve culturally sensitive issues for your region (U.S.A) to eliminate potential risks
- Prepare reference materials, and train and assist translators during the localization process, including creating and maintaining style guides, term bases, and know-hows for the owned projects and languages
- Work with localization PMs to build solid relationships with peers across the game organization and ensure smooth process flow and collaboration
- Experience in MOBA games or MOBA localization is a bonus point
Entertainment and social conglomerate
Tencent's is on a mission to use technology for good. The company operates social messaging service WeChat and has produced some of the world's most popular games and content.
- Integrity: Uphold principles, ethics, openness and fairness.
- Proactivity: Pursue positive contributions, volunteer for responsibility and push for breakthroughs.
- Collaboration: Be inclusive and collaborative, strive to progress and evolve.
- Creativity: Push for breakthrough innovations, explore the possibilities of the future.