Communication Systems Test Engineer
Posted on 9/21/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering or equivalent technical degree
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Comfort with ambiguity and turning high-level requirements into clear design/test objectives
- Experience with debugging complex hardware systems
- Experience automating tests, test equipment, or similar instrumentation
- Hands-on experience using RF test equipment (Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Signal Generators)
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- Collaborate across multiple teams including RF, analog hardware, digital hardware, software, and mechanical to coordinate system level validation plans
- Design testbed and supporting test equipment to meet testing requirements, including remote and automated operation, for all phases of the program and payload configurations
- Interpret and trend test results, debug issues, and perform root cause analysis
- Integrate end-to-end RF communication system for system level design verification and work with design teams to debug and resolve issues
- Deep-dive into subsystem designs to document expected performance, evaluate test results, debug test issues, and provide feedback to design teams
- Lead definition of factory test plans, collaborating with the communication systems team
- Meet with suppliers to select lab test hardware
- Experience operating payloads In-Orbit
- Experience writing a scripting language (Python preferred)
- Understanding and experience in environmental testing such as vibration, shock, thermal, burn-in, and TVAC
- Experience with wireless system design and/or systems integration. RF Systems analysis and link budget development
- Experience with In-Orbit Testing (IOT) of communications payloads
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.