Technical Engagement Manager, Professional Services
Posted on 4/21/2022
Washington, DC, USA
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Retail and/or Supply Chain software with software development lifecycle experience required
- 2-7 years working with clients in a consulting capacity, experience with project and change management; background in retail preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, and Visio
- Willingness to travel for extended periods to client locations, up to 50% of time
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
- Exemplary critical-thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to simplify difficult situations into pragmatic solutions while maintaining client satisfaction
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assume responsibility for quality results with minimal supervision
- Thrive in a dynamic, fluid team environment and able to deal with ambiguity
- Energetic and highly dependable with solid organizational skills
- Work with our pre-sales and product management teams to ensure projects are properly scoped and can be delivered successfully to the client
- Lead detailed solution and operational process scoping sessions with clients for technology implementations, including facilitation of planning workshops and definition of functional requirements with technical teams
- Enable client technical teams to conduct integration architecture scoping, data mapping, integration testing and end to end systems validation in order to ensure their successful technical onboarding
- Collaborate with client and internal stakeholders to set business goals, identify appropriate resources, track and report on progress and develop schedules
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value
- Support the training team for on-site implementations in clients' warehouses and stores including setup, monitoring, and troubleshooting during installation period
- Communicate and interact with many client partners; establish credibility with client partners and develop “trusted advisor” status with client peers
- Simultaneously manage work streams across multiple active client-facing projects at a time; seamlessly coordinate and mobilize resources from internal cross-functional groups
- Set up client account settings and software configurations consistent with program design and commercial structure through API and flat file integrations, resulting in on-time and error-free program launches
- Lead problem resolution within project launches through delivering and tracking of issue logs, and manage overall “hypercare” support
- Develop, maintain, and continuously improve client facing implementation templates and project plans
All-in-one returns platform
Optoro's mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns.
- Take time when you need it - We offer flexible paid time off, no matter what. We all work hard to get things done, and we recognize the importance of time out, whether that means climbing the Alps or taking a restful nap at home. Feeling under the weather? Have a little one on the way? We make sure you have paid sick and parental leave, too.
- Maintain your wellness - We’re committed to keeping you healthy, in all ways. We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance to keep you covered. Our bike storage room and monthly commuter stipend make it easy to get to work with no hassle. Don’t forget the building gym, regular yoga sessions, and in-office meditation room, helping you maintain your wellness, both physical and mental.
- Share your impact together - Giving back is in our DNA, and we believe all our employees should get involved. From serving at soup kitchens to gardening local food, we pair with local organizations in the community to help others while spending time as a team.
- Grow alongside the company - We know our business is nothing without our employees, and we want to invest in you as much as you invest in us. We offer robust stock option plans to demonstrate this commitment. And we allocate professional development budgets and host skills-based seminars—from Excel training to managing up—so you can always keep learning on the job.
Company Core Values
- Collaborative - We go further by working together
- Resourceful - We do more with less and find clever ways to solve problems
- Unconventional - We think, not just outside the box, but outside the warehouse
- Sensible - We use sound judgement when making decisions
- Hungry - We seek out and are eneergized by big challenges