Software Engineer - Remote Portugal
Posted on 3/16/2022
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Programming, or similar field
- Good knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies (C#, VB.Net)
- Experience with relational databases - (MS SQL Server)
- Good knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - English language fluency
- Understanding of modern software architecture and methodologies
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Contributes to team efforts to produce high-quality software inclusive of requirements analysis, system design, implementation, testing, deployment and support
- Bring new ideas to the table and adjust plans if better solutions are identified
- Adheres to established protocols, procedures, and best practices to ensure quality of code
- Writes clear technical documentation and comments in code for other developers
- Participates in team meetings and encourages an open, collaborative team dynamic
- Communicates with team and management about deadlines, roadblocks, and status
- Keeps up to date on relevant technologies, methodologies, and tools
- Professional experience developing commercial software
- General experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools and techniques
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins or similar build automation system
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, big data systems, and distributed computing
- Comfortable in both Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems
Cision is a global media intelligence company that offers PR and social software as well as analytics.
Company Core Values
- We Are One - Working together, we are empowered to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- We Embrace Differences - We honor diversity of ideas, people and beliefs. Our diversity enables us to create innovative solutions to serve our customers' needs.
- We Are Dedicated - We are committed to tenaciously working on behalf of our clients and partners with our teams.
- We Constantly Evolve - We are curious, embrace new ideas and create change. This means we drive growth for our customers. It also means we have a learning culture where our people have the opportunity to develop into tech leaders.
- We-Celebrate - We have culture ambassadors in each office who ensure that our people get recognition for their hard work and ensure we celebrate our wins, both big and small.