Yellowbrick Data is a rapidly growing Cloud Enterprise Data Warehouse start-up headquartered in Silicon Valley – the only credible EDW start-up alongside Snowflake. We are selling into a hot market right at the convergence of Big Data, Enterprise Data Warehousing, IoT and the Edge. Our technology is used by the world’s largest insurers, credit card companies, telcos, healthcare firms and marketers. Our customers love our product: Most are repeat buyers, and in many cases, we’ve become the new standard for analytics and data warehousing in their respective enterprises. Yellowbrick is well- funded, having raised >$250m from top-tier venture firms.
We’re a driven R&D team building the best database in the world for data warehousing: We innovate in all areas of the software stack, from operating systems through to user interface and everything in between. Our technology is elastic and horizontally scalable and supports business critical operations. It runs both on-premises and in the cloud.
We are looking for a motivated software engineer to help develop our cloud data warehouse manager (CDWM). You will be part of the Cloud engineering team, whose job is to develop and deliver control plane software for providing Yellowbrick Data Warehouse services in hybrid clouds; customer on-prem and public kubernetes clusters. You understand modern, cloud native architecture, and the discipline that comes with it: Kubernetes orchestration, Helm, Prometheus, infrastructure-as-code, OpenID Connect etc. You’re comfortable to work with standard cloud services APIs and not intimidated by the differences between AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenShift and various Kubernetes services. At the same time, you understand the fundamentals of cloud networking and storage, and are excited to join a healthy debate on the merits of mutli-AZ high availability.
You’ll own your developments end-to-end – being responsible for building them, testing them, shipping and supporting them. You love to take initiative and are always on the lookout for new technology that can make a difference – and love to share such things with your team members. Perhaps most importantly, you love to get things done, ship product, and see it solving business problems – after all, our data warehouse is loved by tens of thousands of users around the world!
- Design, develop, and test hybrid/multi-cloud control plane microservices.
- Help troubleshoot and fix issues encountered by customers.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Proficiency in Java or Golang – must have done greenfield development in either of these programming languages.
- Experience with multi-threaded, concurrent programming and debugging in scale-out distributed systems.
- A working knowledge of SQL.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing and shipping software in the cloud that users are successfully running in production.
- Experience with cloud APIs and cloud technologies on any public cloud provider (AWS, Azure or GCP) or Kubernetes private clouds
- Passion for building scalable and reliable software.
- Love solving complex software engineering problems and learning new technologies.
Yellowbrick Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, gender identity or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
To all recruitment agencies: Yellowbrick Data does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Yellowbrick Data employees or any other organization location. Yellowbrick Data is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.