1L Summer Legal Intern – JD Intern
New York, 2023
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- Good standing as a first-year law student at an ABA accredited law school
- Please attach a separate document to your application including a personal statement (no more than 300 words) describing your commitment to diversity and why you are interested in working at Visa or in technology generally
- Please attach a separate document(s) to your application including your first semester law school grades
- Work Authorization: Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Future sponsorship will not be considered
- Work closely with multiple members of the Visa legal team across a variety of practice areas
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to senior members of the Legal team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
- Shadow members of Visa's Legal Department
- Complete projects in a variety of practice areas under supervision of Visa attorneys
- An interest in the in-house legal environment
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership ability, personal and professional accomplishments
- Meaningful contribution to the diversity of the legal community and/or commitment to the community
- Excellent written and oral communication and legal research skills
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Proven ability to translate ideas into action
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills
- Attention to detail
- An innovative, creative, entrepreneurial spirit that welcomes change and challenge
- Motivated, focused, driven; embraces a global mindset
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.