Senior Technical Support Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years of industry experience supporting enterprise products for data analytics
- Computer Science fundamentals. Strong domain expertise in databases and business intelligence
- SQL proficiency - Very good grasp on JOINs, Partitions, Window Functions, Aggregations, CTEs, Sub-queries etc
- SQL query performance troubleshooting and plan generation understanding
- Proficient in data modeling concepts
- Ability to properly chart data into logical visualizations
- A proven track record of building trust with customers and bringing issues to resolution quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong desire to build scalable processes for issue resolution (documenting common patterns for issue resolution, building tooling for diagnosing issues etc)
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with multiple departments and co-ordinate issue triaging, diagnosis and resolution
- Desire to be a great teammate and have fun at work
- You will work with Sigma's customers and the pre-sales team to assist with the diagnosis and resolution of complex technical issues
- Working closely with the development team, you will develop best practices and tools for diagnosing issues and optimizing the service for performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups - backend, frontend, devops, design, product, and the go-to-market teams to create a first-class experience for users of our product
- Supporting a cloud service in production
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery
- Knowledge of GCP, AWS
- Startup experience
Business intelligence analytics tools
Sigma Computing's mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
- Competitive pay - Looking for a great salary and solid stock options? You’ve come to the right place.
- Flexible schedule - Do the work you need to get done in the time you have to get it done
- Amazing benefits - Medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, commuter… we’ve got you covered. Literally.
- Flexible vacation - At Sigma, we work to live, not live to work. So go on, book that dream vacation.
- Health & wellness - A healthy body supports a healthy mind, so we partner with Crunch Fitness and CorePower.
- Family-friendly - From flexible scheduling to parental leave to kids’ birthdays off, we support Sigma families.
- Assume best intent - We seek multiple perspectives to better understand where others are coming from, including our customers, partners, and each other.
- Communicate fearlessly - We speak up when we have questions or ideas. We explain why decisions were made and are always open and honest with each other.
- Be curious & constructive - We are curious about the world around us and want to dig into data to find our own answers and enable our customers to do the same!
- Be smarter together - We are greater together than the sum of our parts.
- Aim for greatness - We believe that failing at something great is better than succeeding at something mediocre.