Manager – Platform Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of work experience in a software company in domain of distributed systems, data infrastructure, data analytics, AI/ML platforms, etc
- 2+ years of leadership/experience managing highly technical teams
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to dive deep and get things done
- Demonstrated experience in project management and tools such as Jira, Azure Boards, etc
- High level of expertise in agile software development and exhibited end-to-end ownership of projects
- Stellar listening and explanation skills
- Experience with distributed systems, data infrastructure, and public cloud platforms
- Extensive software design and architecture skills, preferably in large-scale distributed systems
- Good programming skills in Java, C++, C# and/or Python
- A disciplined approach to software testing and quality assurance
- Passionately drive and lead your team to excellence
- Collaborate with talent acquisition to grow the team
- Interface and communicate regularly with senior management and technical architects
- Collaborate with technical leads and product managers on prioritization and roadmap plans
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize work items, track progress, and deliver on commitments
- Prioritize tasks, lead the release and sprint planning efforts
- Coach and mentor internal and external team members
- Work with each engineer in the team on their career progression plans
- Express interest and be a hands-on contributor during the entire development cycle, from conception and design through release
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Demonstrated experience in growing teams
- Track record of enabling career progression for engineers
- Active participation in performance review cycles for engineers in team
- Demonstrated focus on operational excellence
- Managed teams working on large-scale distributed data infrastructure and/or data analytics
- Broad experience and/or interest in the AI/ML domain
Leading enterprise AI software provider
C3.ai is building tools to make AI cost-effective. The company focuses on building applications for reliability, fraud detection, sensor network health, supply network optimization, energy management, anti-money laundering, and customer engagement.
- Education - Lifelong learning is a part of C3 AI. That’s why we will cover the total cost for employees to earn a master’s degree in computer science online. Those who complete the degree get three more big perks—a $25,000 cash bonus, a guaranteed 15% raise and a stock grant.
- Relax and recharge - In the United States, C3 AI offers 15 days of paid time off every year. As your tenure with the company grows so does your paid time off! C3 AI also offers 10 paid public holidays around which you can build your vacation leave.
- Training - C3 AI holds monthly employee training sessions as well as weekly lunch-and-learns. C3 AI also encourages further education by offering bonuses for the successful completion of select online courses.
- Health coverage - C3 AI offers competitive coverage. Our program includes medical, dental, and vision.
- 401K - C3 AI offers fund options via Charles Schwab for retirement savings.
- Equity - Restricted stock units are granted to all full-time C3 AI employees.
- Free gym membership - To help keep you at the top of your game, C3 AI offers employees a free gym membership at our state-of-the-art fitness facility.
- Catered lunches daily - C3 AI provides a fully stocked snack area and beverage refrigerator that contains everything from energy drinks to sodas and iced tea. Every day C3 AI provides a catered, gourmet lunch so that the team can relax together and share ideas.
- Commuter check program - C3 AI offers tax saving commuter benefits program.
- Travel assistance - Employees are provided global health insurance while traveling for business
- Ping-pong and pool tables - C3 AI has been known to host ping-pong and pool tournaments, allowing you to step away from the monitor. This is the perfect opportunity to enjoy coworkers while hitting a white ball at them.
- Friday happy hour - Relax and unwind at the end of the week at C3’s weekly Friday Happy Hour. Enjoy good food, good drinks and great company at our office.
- Flexible spending accounts - C3 AI offers both Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts. Both accounts enable you to pay for essential health and wellness before you pay taxes on it.
- Life insurance - C3 AI offers short term / long term disability, life insurance and AD&D insurance.
- Additional leave benefits - C3 AI offers paid time off for bereavement and jury leave.
- Continental breakfast - It’s the most important meal of the day. C3 AI offers breakfast five days a week, including oatmeal, cereal, fruit, and delicious coffee.
Company Core Values
- Innovation - Our ambition is to solve problems that have never been solved before.
- Curiosity - We are self-learners, fulfilled by continuous knowledge acquisition to accelerate innovation.
- Integrity - We comport ourselves with unwavering ethical integrity, respect, and courtesy.
- Collective Intelligence - The respect we have for the intelligence and capabilities of one another fosters boundless collaboration.