Application Security Executive
Posted on 12/16/2022
Remote • United States
- Minimum of 8 years of Sales experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in positioning Application Security Tooling
- Experience selling DevSecOps or Application Security (e.g. SCA, SAST, DAST, IAST or RASP) products into the enterprise market segment
- Proven track record of exceeding team quotas/targets at a security solution vendor
- Strong relationship building and deal structuring skills with Fortune 1000 customers
- Executive-level (CXO) communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- Willingness to travel approximately 30%-40% when it is safe and appropriate to travel
- Strong presentation skills
- Business Development: Be part of a team that is aligned to exceed sales targets that are optimized for rapid market growth. Develop go to market plans to address the market opportunity for the GitHub Advanced Security product and services. Align resources to meet business goals and be a thought leader for GitHub, its alliance partners, Microsoft to support customer goals
- Network building: Identify the right external stakeholders and build connections quickly to drive consensus for deals; work cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for deal success. Build a solid network of GitHub, Microsoft and alliance partner account and regional selling teams to ensure successful deal conversion. Work cross-functionally with technical product management, engineering, support, technical sales and professional services to demonstrate the value of GitHub Advanced Security and, in turn, help close business and ensure customer success
- Risk Management: Identify account, territory and program risk and ensure any risk is mitigated. Effective communicator and presenter. Present strategic ideas to customers. Have the ability to work off-script and answer questions and contests in live settings. Evangelize the GitHub Advanced Security solution and program both to internal and external audiences
- Problem Solver: Solve problems and hypothesize possible selling pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorm with team members to devise solutions to solve complex deal scenarios.Understand GitHub products and solutions: Understand how we enable customers to be successful with our products and services to help them be innovation leaders. Teach customers about their industries and offer unique insights to encourage customers to think differently about their business and discover the true value of working with GitHub
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible with the ability to work across different time zones
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Selling subscription-based licenses
- Experience using salesforce.com CRM
- Experience leveraging the CEB Challenger framework
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.