Data Platform Engineer
Posted on 4/4/2023
Remote • United States
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, data engineer, or DevOps engineer
- Experience with Kafka required
- Deep knowledge of go or Kafka Streams apps (including Java/the JVM) a plus
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Lead the design and deployment of data pipelines that power our real time data ingestion services
- Make recommendations to ensure sufficient metrics are collected to create alerts with every new feature release
- Thinking creatively about attack vectors, possible failures, and disaster scenarios, modeling them in reproducible test environments, and developing fixes
- Implementing resilient distributed systems to achieve extremely high reliability in a variety of blockchain environments
- Experience with real-time analytics databases, such as, Apache Pinot, Druid, ClickHouse, or Rockset is a plus
- Experience with OLAP technologies, such as, Presto/Trino, Spark, Hadoop, Athena, or BigQuery is a plus
- Experience administering Kafka Connect, Confluent Platform, and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience in Golang or any other strongly-typed programming language
- Experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
Open-source, data-enabled blockchain solutions
Chainlink provides reliable tamper-proof inputs and outputs for complex smart contracts on any blockchain. Chainlinks provide a reliable connection to external data, that is provably secure end-to-end.
Company Core Values
- Being part of an idea meritocracy: We take ownership in the work we do and value real impact. There are no limits to what you can get involved in.
- An open-source software ethos: We’re driven by creating a public good. What we build is by everyone, for everyone.
- Being immersed in excellence: We hold ourselves to the highest standards—for our teams, our product, and our position in the ecosystem.
- Building a world changing product: Smart contracts are redefining major industries, and we’re at the forefront of this global shift.
- Being part of a high growth startup: Experience rapid personal and professional growth by accessing a broad scope of work and exceptional mentorship.
- Autonomous, remote & flexible work: We’re a remote-first workplace that values autonomy, flexibility, and results.