Lead Data Engineer (Director level) - Visa Business Data Solutions
Posted on 3/8/2022
Austin, TX, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 12+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8+ years of relevant work experience with a Masters Degree, or a PhD
- Perform Business Requirements analysis and translate requirements into technical requirements
- Architect, Design and Develop data-driven ETL applications and services
- Provide technical expertise in leading and driving projects from inception to closure
- Work independently as well as collaborate effectively with cross functional teams on case-by-case basis
- Work with Product team, other data engineers and DevOps to deliver features on time
- Develop ETL data pipelines using open source bigdata technologies
- Serve as a technical mentor for development team. Be a change agent with hands-on ability to build POC products and set the best practices
- Perform code reviews and help the team to produce quality code
- Work in a geographically distributed team setup
- Propose new solutions to meet the fast-changing payments industry landscape
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Fine tune the existing application with new ideas and optimization opportunities to reduce the latency to meet the client SLAs
- Lead the data architecture and related technical strategies in the areas of data management, data platform, data quality, ETL, enrichment and data integration
- Build data strategy to enable both short-term and long-term needs for an extensible, trustworthy, and modern data architecture capable of evolving with changing needs
- Scoping/Effort Estimates: contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with a cross-functional team
- Research: stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make informed solution architecture recommendations
- Lead/Work with the multiple scrum teams with data engineers to provide the solutions and implement them by driving the delivery teams
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 12+ years of software development experience (with a concentration in data centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging development best practice methodologies
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in building large-scale applications using open source technologies. Design and coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Java, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Data APIs, streaming and Map Reduce
- Relevant experience with software design, Data engineering, architecture and ETL data pipeline development life cycle
- Hands-on expertise with Spark/Scala or Spark/Java or Spark/Python
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems
- Deep knowledge of Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting and writing SQL queries
- Deep knowledge of all Data Warehouse related components (Sourcing, ETL, Data Modeling, Infrastructure, Reporting, Data Visualization) and multiple tools to support those components
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies. Work experience in improving the client experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong automation and customer mindset
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Should be comfortable facilitating multi-team activities
- Experience in Machine learning is a big plus
- Payment processing background is a big plus
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.