Staff Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
Ruby on Rails
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what's in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You're an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You're curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You're committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You're honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Hands-on experience working with complicated systems at scale (Minimum 6+ years preferred)
- Superior mentorship and leadership skills, with a strong ability to lead by (technical) example
- Strong systems architecture and object-oriented coding skills
- Experience building APIs and/or webhooks
- Design and develop core application functionality to process payments and payroll taxes
- Design and develop reusable interfaces and APIs to power future initiatives
- Collaborate with a cross-functional PTU team across engineering, operations, and product
- Mentor other engineers by forging relationships of continuous learning and improvement
- Advise on integrating with banks and other FinTech institutions
- Keep extremely sensitive data compartmentalized and secure
- Experience in banking, FinTech, accounting, or similar financially relevant domains is a plus but not required
- Experience integrating with internal and external services
- Experience working with complicated systems at scale
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience on the technical side of payments (Wire, RTP, FinTech, ACH, banking, finance)
Payroll and benefits facilities platform
Justworks’ mission is to help entrepreneurs and businesses grow with confidence. The company is building software for payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance.
- Health - Believe in our vision. Medical and dental, too. Get support for your mental and financial health. Beta test new benefits and perks for our platform.
- Workplace - Volunteer and get paid to give back. Take paid parental leave. Enjoy monthly team events that help turn coworkers into lifelong friends.
- Wellness - Enjoy subsidized ClassPass memberships. Take advantage of regular yoga, meditation, and other wellness programming.
- Perks - Be an owner, not an employee. Get time off whenever you need it. Take a sabbatical. Invest in your future financially and with professional learning and development opportunities.
Company Core Values
- Camaraderie - As a growing company ourselves, we know how crucial teamwork, higher purpose, and a healthy dose of fun can be to success. We’re here to help businesses bring great people together to accomplish important things, while enjoying themselves at the same time.
- Openness - We believe in radical transparency. This means we will never charge hidden fees, we will always be upfront with what we can and cannot do, and if we're not a good fit for you, we'll help you understand who might be.
- Grit - They say when the going gets tough, the tough get going. We are a team of hardworking individuals who are building the best product there is to help your business succeed. We are here to do the hard work.
- Integrity - Without trust, there is no partnership. And without integrity, there is no trust. We will always be open with you about changes and charges. You can always reach out to us with questions, concerns or if you just want to chat about your business needs.
- Simplicity - Payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance aren't traditionally known for their simplicity. But we've made it our mission to streamline and simplify these normally complicated parts of doing business. This means an easy-to-use product for both you and your employees.