Posted on 1/5/2023
- Understanding of privacy laws and practices and how to operationalize them
- Proficiency in both privacy laws and technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate cross-functional collaboration, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability and drive to operationalize privacy programs multi-functionally and in accordance with company policies and applicable law
- Resourceful at navigating highly sophisticated, ambiguous problems with little to no existing structure
- Self-motivation, independence, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and unstructured environment with undefined or evolving processes and procedures
- JD or experience researching laws preferred
- Working towards or have already obtained one or more IAPP privacy certifications
- Knowledge of privacy laws
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the establishment of currently-evolving processes and procedures
- Knowledge of operationalizing privacy program according to a framework (example: NIST)
- Understanding of privacy program management software
- Build and maintain a personal data inventory and associated data map/data flow diagram
- Evaluate Guild's data handling practices through the data lifecycle to develop a detailed understanding of processing activities and to advise Guild's data strategies and policies
- Perform privacy impact assessments of new and existing technologies and data uses
- Assess and monitor remediation of privacy needs and concerns across multiple systems, technologies, and business practices
- Develop workflows and respond to data subject requests
- Maintain and administer Guild's privacy program management software
- Research and evaluate privacy compliance requirements, and translate them into functional requirements to apply to technologies and practices across Guild
- Engage with cross-functional teams to evaluate data practices to ensure that data use across the company meets regulatory compliance needs, applicable laws, standard processes, and company policies
- Guide engineering and development teams by implementing privacy by design principles in product development of technologies
- Analyze and engage with appropriate teams to implement measures to mitigate or prevent privacy vulnerabilities, threats, and risks and to reduce the risk of data exposure at all levels of the technology stack
- Analyze and implement methods of improvement in systems and business practices that preserve and improve privacy protections
- Assist with operationalizing Guild's privacy program multi-functionally across multiple teams and technologies
- Contribute to the evaluation and creation of company policies and guidelines related to data protection and privacy
- Measure and report out regarding privacy and data protection metrics and requirements
- Review and negotiate contracts for privacy risks and protection
Education and upskilling platform
Guild is on a mission to unlock opportunity for America's workforce through education.
- Be an owner - Every employee is granted equity in Guild with a 4-year vesting schedule as well as a 401(k).
- Prioritize your time - We offer generous parental leave, PTO, and onsite daycare for Denver-based employees
- Have a learner's mindset - Guild offers student loan reimbursement, 100% tuition assistance for your first bachelor’s degree, and $10K/year toward additional education.
- Take care of yourself - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans because we care about the health and well-being of all Guild employees.
Company Core Values
- Nurture a Learner’s Mindset - We are fueled by curiosity, consciously seeking to make ourselves, each other, and the work continuously better.
- Create Belonging - We believe that belonging is essential to business. We are cultivating a community rooted in diversity and respect with heart and commitment, that’s in service of both our culture and all of our stakeholders.
- Build Shared Success - At Guild, success is not a zero sum game. We strive for the win-wins in both our work and in our impact, knowing we deliver the best outcome when we collaborate together and assume positive intent from all.
- Be an Owner - We each own a piece of Guild – as owners, we take responsibility today and always for our voices, actions and long term impact.