As a Senior Quality Development Engineer on the Cloud team, you will contribute to the development of high quality, robust InterSystems software by uncovering weaknesses and areas for improvement. If you are passionate about software, you will excel in this role by building tools and automation that verify new technologies as well as verifying that these new technologies do not adversely affect existing products. Your strong technical capabilities, curiosity to learn new things, creativity, and resourcefulness are an essential part of InterSystems’ innovation process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write software to test product functionality in a multi-cloud environment
- Develop test scenarios and author and execute test plans
- Develop automated functional, load, and stress tests for InterSystems products
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams to provide early feedback on new features
- Promote product quality by advocating for the customer’s point of view as well as verifying that the product meets the customer’s needs
- Review product source code to inform test design for edge and stress test case development for key areas of the product such as failover and recovery
- Review the documentation and verify that it is clear and concise. Ensure that the documented procedures are clear and easy to follow.
- Ability to read code critically, finding bugs, weak spots, and performance bottlenecks
- Enthusiasm for debugging and learning new technical skills
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with application development, relational databases, and object-oriented development
- Effective communication and analytical skills
- Curiosity, versatility, and flexibility
- Attention to detail and a passion for breaking things
- Familiarity with software test tools and automation methodologies
- Experience with Object-Oriented programming (Java, .Net, C#, C++, Python) or C
- Experience with Python modules such as pytest, Kubernetes, boto3
- Experience with the Go programming language
- Technical knowledge of operating systems
- Experience with Windows batch and PowerShell scripts, unix sh and bash scripts
- Experience with distributed systems and networking
- Experience with GitLab pipelines and continuous integration
- Familiarity with healthcare specifications such as FHIR, HL7 v2, or CDA
- Familiarity with UI (Angular, Typescript, JS) and UI test automation (Selenium)
- Familiarity with accessibility tools (SortSite, Deque)
- Familiarity with InterSystems products, such as IRIS, ObjectScript, or HealthShare
Education and Training:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Five years professional experience in a cloud software engineering role.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.