Senior Software Engineer
High Performance Computing
Posted on 3/2/2023
San Jose, CA, USA
- PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science preferred
- Experience with distributed message passing, handling asynchronous tasks and scheduling, e.g. Gearman, Celery, etc
- Proficient in C++
- Prior experience with Unix and/or Linux
- GPU programming (CUDA) and performance analysis
- Fundamental knowledge in distributed system and experience in development
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
- Maintenance and improvement of current HPC (GPU) infrastructure
- Investigate new distributed system technologies to accommodate growing computation needs and ML applications
- Performance and scalability analysis of different applications
- Report issues with clear communication and reports
- Provide ownership and collaborate with other developers and testing engineers to drive the software quality and performance
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.