Senior/Principal Engineer - Immersive/Volumetric Media
Posted on 2/2/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Master degree or above in computer science, electrical engineering, math, statistics, or related fields
- Experience in volumetric data compression/processing, e.g., point cloud, mesh and light field
- Proficiency in C++ and Python
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across different functional teams
- Research, design, implement, and optimize algorithms/models for volumetric data compression, such as point cloud, mesh and light field compression
- Take part in standardization activities of related areas to contribute the state-of-the-art algorithms/models to the community
- Work together with product teams to deliver high-quality implementations to support both internal and external product pipelines
- Experience in volumetric data compression standards, e.g., V-PCC, G-PCC
- Experience in video compression algorithms and standards, e.g., H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VVC, VP9, AV1
- Experience in deep learning based data compression algorithms
Entertainment and social conglomerate
Tencent's is on a mission to use technology for good. The company operates social messaging service WeChat and has produced some of the world's most popular games and content.
- Integrity: Uphold principles, ethics, openness and fairness.
- Proactivity: Pursue positive contributions, volunteer for responsibility and push for breakthroughs.
- Collaboration: Be inclusive and collaborative, strive to progress and evolve.
- Creativity: Push for breakthrough innovations, explore the possibilities of the future.