Optiver’s Systems Support Engineers focus on IT systems and applications that allow users to perform their daily work. We firmly believe in finding the right blend of functionality for our users and manageability for administrators. To that end, the person we seek will revel in finding that balance, and running systems that consistently work and work well.
Who We Are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation nucleus, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
What You’ll Do:
You will be the go-to person in the Austin office on the front lines of support, with the following responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional user support for incoming requests, incidents, and issues across the business from technology to trading to back office - Acting as a single point of contact for general IT questions or assistance to the Austin office;
- Managing our User Facing systems – Laptops, Phones, Printers, Video Conferencing, (including the selection of technologies used, and monitoring of these systems);
- Analyzing and recommending enterprise IT solutions for user facing technologies;
- Coordinating with other IT engineering teams to execute on service delivery (building Windows desktop hosts, assisting data center operations, etc.);
Who You Are:
- Experience troubleshooting IT support issues in user endpoints such as desktops, laptops, non-trading applications, mobile devices and printers, as well as services and solutions like Intune, Active Directory, Zoom, RDP;
- Passion for problem solving in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong desire to work with a wide scope of technologies inclusive of Windows and Office environments;
- Attention to detail and cleanliness plus operational excellence;
- An understanding of change control processes;
- Strong documentation mentality;
- Critical thinking.
What You’ll Get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this, you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career in our rapidly-expanding office in the heart of Austin?
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to Skye Garbi-Chapman via [email protected] .
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.