Principal – Netcode Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Bellevue, WA, USA
- Expert knowledge of low-level networking concepts and high-level multiplayer game systems
- Experience as a multiplayer or networking engineer in a shipped a game
- Experience crafting architectural system designs
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with high-performance programming, multithreading, and memory management
- Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors
- Provide architectural direction for a netcode SDK and associated libraries that prepares us well to grow our offering over the years across GameObjects and Entities
- Work across multiple teams to lead an effort for a consistent product experience across netcode stacks, dedicated server, multiplayer tooling, and educational and marketing samples
- Develop systems covering everything from lag compensation to game object replication
- Design high-level systems integrated with the Unity Editor & Unity Engine
- C# expertise
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Eagerness to mentor others
- Contributions to a Unity networking solution
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.