Manager – Data Science
Riot Data Products, Cross Product
Updated on 2/3/2023
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- M.S. in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, Math, or related Computer Science/Quantitative field with 4+ years of industry experience, or equivalent experience (i.e., Ph.D. with 2+ years relevant experience, or B.S. with 6+ years relevant experience)
- Experience as a Senior Data Scientist/Senior Data Engineer or higher
- Strong understanding and experience building reliable, scalable, and maintainable software systems
- Experience developing and deploying Machine Learning models at scale
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions
- Create, review, and reframe an engineering vision with the team and key stakeholders including the Technology, Product, and Process Leads
- Support the vision with a solid strategy including the reallocation of resources to focus on priorities
- Operate with a strong results orientation emphasizing the importance of efficiency and productivity and prioritizing the highest-value work on the team
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale effectively
- Mentor engineers identifying stretch opportunities for them to grow
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges
- Seek different perspectives to solve problems, encouraging engineers and others to contribute ideas. Base your decisions on sound analysis and avoid biases
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software engineering quality and efficiency
Online game developer
Riot Games' mission is to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world.
- Family Care
- Open Paid Time Off
- Play Fund
- Donation Matching
Company Core Values
- Player Experience First.
- Dare to Dream.
- Thrive Together.
- Execute with Intelligence.
- Stay Hungry; Stay Humble