Sr. Technical Artist
Posted on 3/8/2022
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Expert-level experience with the Unity Game Engine (+5-7 years minimum) including the Animation system, animation retargeting, and the asset import pipeline
- Adept in scripting with C# within the Unity environment
- Adept in Python scripting for Maya, 3ds Max, etc. for artist workflow tools and general content pipelines
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in game development (or equivalent visual effects fields) with multiple shipped titles (video game or interactive media)
- Procedural content creation tools: Houdini, Substance Designer, etc
- High level understanding of using simulation for ML systems - photo-realsitic content generation mythology, PBR based workflows, cloth and hair simulation
- Experience with project management and tracking software (i.e. Jira, Shotgun)
- Experience with perforce and/or other source control software
- Experience with other programming languages, especially C++ and OOP concepts
- Develop C# code in Unity for 3D content pipelines
- Develop scripts in Autodesk Maya, Autodesk 3ds Max, and Blender to increase efficiency in content generation work flows
- Rig and skin digital characters and assets using standardized and custom rigs
- Solve technical challenges related to procedural and parametric content generation
- Develop scalable content database solutions, automated asset conversion processes, asset validation checks, automated labeling and metadata generation for vast amounts of digital assets
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.