Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 6/28/2022
Remote in USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Solid experience building and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant and always available systems
- Understanding of modern architectures, design patterns, and platform nuances
- Good grasp in a broad range of data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in Java
- Experience working with a high concurrency/high transactional/highly available platform
- Ability to understand the dependencies between components and how they combine to deliver service to the consumer and business
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure and technologies, preferably AWS
- Passion to automate your work by using scripting languages e.g. shell scripts
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices
- Experience in shipping high quality products and services within the Web, Mobile, and/or Connected Devices spaces
- Familiarity working in an Agile environment
- You're passionate about the fast-paced, innovative, and growing Sports Betting industry
- You work on project ideas with customers, stakeholders, and peers, balancing customer requirements with the team requirements
- Write simple, exemplary code that motivates team write quality code & following best standards
- Drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards
- Work to resolve the root cause of endemic problems including areas where your team limits the innovation of other teams (bottlenecks). This may require you to influence software decisions made by other teams
- When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus)
- You foster a constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional way
- You keep yourself up to date with market standards and open-source frameworks
- You provide excellent customer support on an on-call rotation where required
- Most importantly, you are humble, pragmatic, self-managed, thirsty for knowledge, never satisfied and always challenging the norm. You're responsible for the state of the code you both inherit and produce
Fantasy sports and online U.S. sportsbook
Fanduel is on a mission to make sports more exciting. The company provides a daily fantasy sports platform with a range of game types for players with a guaranteed prize pool for the winners.
- From peer-to-peer learning to industry conferences, there are a number of ways to develop your career
- From your head to your toes we’ve got you covered with our 100% health insurance coverage
- We keep a well-stocked supply of snacks and refreshments to keep you going throughout the day
- Flexible hours and vacation scheduling let you work when you’re at your best
- We provide the latest tech and equipment, you get the job done
Company Core Values
- We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community.
- We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders.
- We value teamwork above all else.
- We believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team.
- Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people.