Senior Staff Engineer
Machine Learning, Display Lab
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Jose, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Bachelors of Science degree plus 15+ years of experience, Masters of Science degree plus 13+years of experience, or PhD plus 10+ years of experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline with experience in Cheminformatics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software development with machine learning and/or Cheminformatics
- Expertise and experience in chemistry, experience in DFT simulation, chemical and biological data analyses, and molecule related projects
- Develop Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship (QSAR) models to support molecule projects and advance the science of modeling
- Develop innovative software for chemistry data visualization, data analysis, data mining, molecule design, and scientific tools to enable R&D decisions
- Expertise and experience in machine learning algorithms (transformer, graph neural network, diffusion model, graph theory)
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Prior working experience in Scikit-learn, RDKit, DeepChem, and deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Pytorch, Keras and/or Mxnet)
- Proficiency with various chemical representations (3D, SMILES, Chemical Fingerprints, Graphs)
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine learning and AI for science applications
- Apply expert software development skills to a wide range of ML-related coding projects
- Develop solutions for real world problems
- Participate in and initiate the publication of research results in top tier conferences and journals
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.