Reliability & Test Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Austin, TX, USA
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering and defining problems as much as solving them
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a manufacturable solution that works every time
- You are a cross-disciplinary team member. You are excited to work with and learn from software, mechanical, electrical, materials, biological engineers, and neuroscientists. You are comfortable communicating across teams
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small
- Bachelor's Degree in science or engineering, or equivalent in experience and ability
- 2+ years of mechanical (or electromechanical, or software/mechanical) engineering industry experience, including owning projects from concept to production
- It's OK to include internships and competitive project teams
- Strong understanding of engineering first principles
- Design a surgical proxy that realistically tests robotic craniectomy R&D
- Design a spinal implant R&D testbed that includes representative physiological motion and micromotion and reads implant health
- Implement a method for automatically gathering metrics from tests and surgeries (such as step times, tool use data, effect repeatability)
- Build and scale a robust R&D-to-production qualification test paradigm that maximizes test effectiveness while minimizing man hours
- Lead root-cause investigations and update hardware designs as needed to optimize surgery
- Experience designing/running a test for a complex system
- Experience interfacing with sensors, motors, etc
- Software competency, for running tests / analyzing data / integrating dashboards
- Experience with conventional machining and rapid prototyping technologies
Implantable brain–machine interfaces
Neuralink's mission is to build devices that will help people with paralysis and invent new technologies that will expand abilities, the community, and the world.
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance through a PPO plan; parental leave.
- Flexible time off + paid holidays.
- Equity + 401(k) plan.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Meals provided.