Posted on 6/14/2022
- Technically lead all aspects of critical incidents (S1-S3) - determine SMEs needed, identify problem and release/de-escalate after diagnosis meeting SLA's
- Focus on fastest service restoration/recovery - bridge, teams communication channels, sync-points for sub-tech teams leading investigations (including 3rd party vendors and DAZN engineering teams)
- Be responsible for the quality and integrity of Major Incident Management process - interface with Service Delivery Managers, Support teams, and DAZN Development/Engineering teams
- Provide recommendations on troubleshooting and other technology improvements to quickly resolve incidents, ensuring infrastructure and application stability
- Partners with other Support, Dev and Engineering teams to resolve difficult or unique system issues that team members are not equipped to handle
- Provide Technical support to team members to facilitate resolution or escalation of technical issue
- Identify failure points driving availability and accelerating mean-time-to-repair including architectures, design, process improvements, software disciplines, test, etc…
- Interact frequently with various stakeholders across the organization to prioritize backlog for availability as required
- Experience of Managing of Major Incidents, providing leadership to resolution and clear communications throughout
- Working knowledge of ITIL incident, problem, and change management components
- The ability to co-ordinate technical, incident and supplier side teams to ensure that all incidents are accurately prioritised and effectively managed
- Experience to identify early indications of major incidents not progressing well and get things back on track
- Ability to determine precise customer impacts on our incidents through analysis of CS, social, error codes, and playback failures
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Knowledge of KPIs that indicate performance and customer experience (eg re-buffering, video playback failures, video-start failures, capacity monitoring)
- Operations experience in a 24x7, x365 support model
- Knowledge of ticketing system - Service Now or JIRA
- Configuration Management (or IaC) - Puppet and or Ansible or Terraform
- Strong knowledge of OTT, devices, browsers, living room, mobile, web, CDNs, Platforms, E2E Architecture, Applications
- Demonstrated broadcast experience and understanding of broadcast systems/technologies
- Working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures such as Enterprise Server Platforms and related IT architectures and equipment - specifically around cloud-based environments and distributed systems [Lambda is a plus!]
Live sports streaming service
DAZN's mission is to connect fans to the sports they love, their way. It’s that simple. DAZN is the leading global sports streaming service and it is fast becoming an indispensable part of sports fans’ lives as the world’s leading sport destination.
- Ambitious - everyone here wants to make a big impact at a personal, company and customer level.
- Inventive - pushing boundaries, never settling, always restless, always wanting more for our customers.
- Passionate - this means showing commitment and pride in what we do every day.
- Brave - you need to get stuck in. Bring initiative but don’t be afraid of asking for help.
- Supportive - we look out for each other and strive for inclusion and diversity in all we do.